Cuscuz Branco is a traditional Brazilian white pudding made from coconut and tapioca. It is a richly decadent pudding with just the right amount of sweetness and a perfect texture. Cuzcuz Branco originates in the Northeastern Brazil and is most typically enjoyed during the Brazilian winter holidays. It is an easy to make dessert that is perfect for friends and guests are around.
*Makes 6 Servings*
1 cup milk
1 and 1/4 cups raw shredded coconut
2 tablespoons condensed sweetened milk
1 and 1/2 cups pearl tapioca
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon coconut shreds for covering
1) In an serving platter, add the 1 and 1/4 cup coconut shreds, the pearl tapioca, and sugar and mix well.
2) Now add the milk, coconut milk, and condensed milk to a saucepan on medium heat until it boils.
3) Once boiling, pour this liquid over the dry ingredients in the platter and mix well.
4) Once well mixed, cover the platter tightly with a tablecloth and let it sit and cool for 2-3 hours.
5) After it has cooled down, cover the dish with the tablespoon of coconut shreds. It is now ready to serve.