Vinho Quente, translated directly as “Warm Wine”, is a very unique and traditional Brazilian drink that is most typically enjoyed during the Christmas season. It is a sweet drink that adds some chopped fruit along with a nice cinnamon flavor. Vinho Quente is the perfect drink for warming you and your guests up during the cold season.
1 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cups red wine
2 cups water
1 apple, peeled and chopped
1) In a saucepan, add half of the sugar and half of the water along with the cinnamon and cloves.
2) Let it cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until it reaches a syrup consistency.
3) Now add the wine and the rest of the water.
3) Add the remaining sugar and chopped apple. Stir it well.
4) Let it cook for another 5-6 minutes on medium heat, make sure to not let it boil.
5) Once done, remove from the heat and serve.