Pudim de Feijao, or Sweet Bean Flan is one of the most popular and recognizable Brazilian desserts. It is a unique dessert with a rich flavor and texture coming from the combination of the white beans and sugar. It can be typically seen at many events and festivities as a popular and signature dessert. We are going to give you our wonderful take on the dish with this simple & easy recipe. Enjoy.
2.5 cups sugar
7 egg yolks
1 lbs. white beans
1.5 cups water
3 sticks butter
2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Soak the beans for about 24 hours. Then skin the beans carefully. Cook in boiling water until well done.
3) Puree them in a blender, making sure you obtain a very fine and smooth consistency.
4) Prepare a sugar syrup in a saucepan with the water on high heat for about 10-15 minutes or until it reaches a syrupy consistency.
5) In a new saucepan, add the syrup to the pureed beans, then add the egg yolks and the butter.
6) Cook on a low heat, stirring, until the yolks have cooked and the mixture has thickened a little.
7) Pour into a greased baking mold and cook until firm and browned a bit on top.
8) Remove from the mold and cover with the confectioners sugar. Serve.