Shrimp Soup, or Sopa de Camarão, is a delicious creamy Brazilian seafood soup. It combines wonderful Brazilian style flavors like coconut milk along with shrimp and some vegetables into a richly flavorful and hearty soup. Just making the soup can be enjoyment enough as it emanates a wonderful aroma. It is simple and easy to make, and is a soup that is perfect for just about any occasion.
1/2 lbs. of shrimp, deshelled
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped thinly
2 tablespoons flour
1 can coconut milk
Salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste
1) When thawed, slice the shrimp into halves horizontally.
2) Season them in a bowl with salt, pepper, and lemon to taste and the minced garlic.
3) In a saucepan, add the olive oil and place it on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and the rest of the contents of the bowl with the shrimp.
4) Stir the coconut milk into the soup. Bring it to a simmer.
5) Now add the egg yolks, flour, and tomato paste and stir it well.
6) Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, until the shrimps are well cooked, about 5-10 minutes.
7) Before serving, add the tablespoon of butter and chopped parsley. Pour into bowls and serve while hot.