Recipe for Bolinhos de Arroz, which are Rice Fritters very popular in Brazil. These are unbelievably rich in flavor and perfect for snacking on or serving as a side. These are very popular as street food in vendors and can be seen all over. They are quite simple and easy to make and you will surely love them.
2 cups rice
1 cup water
3 tablespoons milk
2 onions chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup flour
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1) Cook the rice in a cup of water until the rice is done and dry.
2) In a bowl, mix the rice with the milk, egg, onions, parsley, baking powder, 1/2 cup of flour, shredded cheese, and salt to taste.
3) Pour about a 2 inch layer worth of oil in a large saucepan and heat it to about 350 degrees or high heat.
4) Take the dough and shape it into small balls. Dip and completely cover them in the rest of the flour.
5) Fry the balls for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Once done, drain them on paper towels.
6) Sprinkle with salt and serve while hot, enjoy!