Risottos are a very popular style of cooking in Brazilian cuisine. Octopus Rissoto, or Risoto de Polvo, is a unique Brazilian take on the risotto dish. The combination of the risotto rice alongside the octopus makes for an unbelievable texture as well as flavor.
The ingredients are fairly simple to get and the recipe is simple and easy, knowing how to properly cut the octopus is the only difficult part. This is a good guide.
1 pound octopus
1 cup risotto rice
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1) Cut the octopus properly into pieces.
2) Place it in a saucepan along with its juices and 1 tablespoon olive oil and cover it. Let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes. Once done, turn off the heat.
3) Set aside the octopus in a bowl.
4) Place the onion and tomatoes in a frying pan with the rest of the olive oil on medium heat. Add the rice and fry for a minute or two.
5) Now add the wine, half a cup of the boiling liquid of the octopus and half a cup of water. Stir well and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add more water if necessary.
6) Once done, turn off the heat and mix in the parsley.
7) Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve while hot.