Fried Cassava, or Mandioca Frita, is a simple and popular Brazilian eat. Cassava is one of the most signature ingredients in Brazilian cuisine. The fried cassava is cooked until golden and crispy, this is a perfect snack for eating whenever, by itself or as a side. It is very easy to make and you only need a few ingredients to make this delicious Brazilian food.
1/2 lbs. cassava
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups water
1. Wash, peel, and then cut the cassava into pieces.
2) In a saucepan, place the cassava, water, and salt to taste. Turn in on medium heat and bring to a boil. 3) Let it cook for about 10 minutes, or until cassava pieces are soft.
4) Once they are done, place them on a platter with paper towels to dry.
5) Once they have dried, add the oil to a frying pan enough to cover the yuccas, and turn it on high heat.
6) Cook the pieces of cassava in the frying pan one by one until golden browned and crispy.
7) Once they are done, place them onto a plate with paper towels again to dry off.
8) When you have cooked all of the pieces and they have dried for 4-5 minutes, season them with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.