Coconut White Chocolate Mousse is very similar to Brazilian Mousse de Chocolate, but with the addition of white chocolate and coconut instead. This is quite an elegant dessert with a uniquely sweet flavor and texture. The induction of coconut makes this a sweet Brazilian dessert with an truly unique taste.
1 cup or 6 oz. white chocolate
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup coconut shreds
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons water
1) In a saucepan over a medium heat, dissolve the grated chocolate in the water, taking care not to boil.
2) When smooth and creamy, turn down low heat and add the butter, heavy cream, coconut oil, and vanilla essence.
3) Now add the egg yolks one at a time, stirring constantly. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture.
4) Finally, add the coconut shreds and stir it well.
5) Pour into serving dishes and chill overnight before serving. Serve.
*Best served with some fruit on top*