Brazilian Grilled Chicken, known as Frango no Churrasco, is a true staple of Brazilian cooking. Using very few simple but effective ingredients and spices the chicken is cooked perfectly with a nice char and tons of flavor. Frango churrasco is perfect for the summer months and bringing out the grill. It is typically served with some boiled rice or french fries on the side.
2-3 pounds chicken
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
2 tablespoons paprika paste
4 tablespoons piri piri sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) If your chicken is whole, butterfly the chicken in half with a knife through the breast and cut it into pieces.
2) Make a paste with then crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, paprika, piri-piri, chili flakes, and lemon juice then rub it all over the chicken thoroughly.
3) Let the chicken marinate for about an hour.
4) Once the chicken has marinated, prepare the grill for cooking.
5) Set aside the extra marinade and place the chicken on the grill until their is a nice char and browning.
6) Season the chicken with salt and pepper and mix well.
7) Serve with the piri piri marinade for dipping.
*If you can’t find the piri piri sauce locally, you can buy it on Amazon here*