This is a simple & easy way to make delicious Brazilian Fofas de Bacalhau, or fried cod cakes. As there must be over a million ways to make Bacalhau in Brazilian cuisine, this is one of the better versions in my opinion. These delicious fried cakes combine well with the cod’s texture and flavor to make an excellent dish that anybody can enjoy. The recipe is pretty simple as well as the ingredients so try it out and tell us what you think.
125 grams bacalhau
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 egg white
1) Slice the bacalhau into portions.
2) Mix cornflour with egg yolk.
3) Add the lemon juice to taste and the stiffly beaten egg white.
4) Dip the Bacalhau into the batter and mold into small cakes, then fry in olive oil until golden.
5) Serve immediately and enjoy!