Cuscuz Paulista is one of the most traditional and popular dishes unique to Brazilian cuisine. It is an interesting combination of various popular Brazilian ingredients which are used to create a delicious and flavorful dish. Including ingredients like sardines and eggs along with some tasty South American vegetables like hearts of palm also makes for a truly unique healthy and hearty dish. It is quite simple to make and the ingredients are easy to find, so go ahead and try this traditional Brazilian dish out and tell us what you think.
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 can of peas
1 can of corn
1 pimento (pepper) chopped
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped olives
1 can of sardines (or tuna if you dont have sardines)
1 can hearts of palm chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 knorr cub of broth
3 cups coarse cornmeal
3 boiled eggs chopped in half
1) Saute in a saucepan the olive oil, onion, chopped pepper, olives, peas, corn, tomato sauce, parsley, sardines, spices and cube of knorr broth.
2) Pour in the the water, bring to a boil, add the cornmeal and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes or until it is done and an even consistency like dough.
3) Grease the baking mold, and add the chopped boiled eggs, sardines, and hearts of palm at the bottom.
4) Place the mixture from the saucepan in the form, place in a refrigerator for about an hour to cool, and unmold.
5) Serve on a platter and enjoy!