Bife a Milanesa is Brazilian style breaded fried steak dish that is very popular because of its unbelievable flavor and easiness to make. It is a dish that is simple but very delicious and perfect for serving as a hearty meal. Even though it is not the lightest of foods in Brazilian cuisine, it is always sure to impress because of its rich flavor and crispy texture. This dish is perfect for serving with some boiled rice or french fries on the side.
1/2 pound of steak fillets
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup flour
4 garlic cloves, crushed
salt and pepper to taste
1) Add the steaks to a bowl along with the salt and pepper to taste and crushed garlic.
2) Now beat the eggs together in a bowl, and in another bowl place the breadcrumbs.
3) In another bowl add the flour.
4) Then roll the steaks first in the flour, then the beaten egg and finally in breadcrumbs.
5) Then pour vegetable oil into a deep skillet or pan for frying. Fry the steaks one by one in the pan until golden brown.
6) Once done, place the steaks on a dish with paper towels to let them dry.
7) Serve while hot.