Brazil Nut Cookies, known as Biscoitos de Castanhas do Para, are a unique traditional Brazilian dessert using signature South American Brazil Nuts. Brazil Nuts are rich and flavorful nuts that are very nutritious and perfect for making delicious cookies. These are perfect for those with a sweet tooth. They are quite simple and easy to make.
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped Brazil nuts (If you can not find Brazil Nuts locally, you can buy them here on Amazon)
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1) In a blender, blend the butter and sugar together until a creamy and even consistency.
2) Add eggs, one at a time, as it blends. Pour in the vanilla extract.
3) Pour the mixture in a large bowl, and add the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the nuts and coconut.
4) Molds the mixture into cookie sized balls and place on top of a greased baking dish.
5) Bake at 350° fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly browned.
6) Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Serve.