Castanhas do Pará Brownies, or Brazil Nut Brownies, are a an awesome Brazilian style dessert with the induction of rich and flavorful Brazil Nuts. Brazil Nuts add a unique flavor and crunch to the traditional brownie chocolate flavors. They are also very healthy and nutritious which makes this a dessert that can be enjoyed without any worries.
1.5 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup chocolate
2 sticks butter
1 cup chopped Brazil nuts (you should be able to find these locally, if not, you can buy them here on Amazon)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1) Grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2) In a blender add the sugar and milk and blend on medium until it is a smooth and even consistency.
3) Add the eggs to the blender one by one while slowly blending.
4) In a saucepan place the butter and chocolate and bring to low heat for 2 minutes, set aside.
5) Add the chocolate syrup to the mixture in the blender.
6) Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the flour and stir it well with a spoon.
7) Add the chopped brazil nuts and vanilla extract in the dough and stir them in well until it is even and consistent.
8) Pour into the greased dish and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes until it is browned on top and a bit soft in the middle.
9) Take out of the oven and cut into squares. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes and serve.