Brazilian Avocado Creme Brulee (Creme Brulee de Abacate)
Avocado is one of the most popular ingredients in Brazilian cuisine. Its wonderful texture and taste can be a flavorful addition to most dishes, savory or sweet. We are going to show you one of the less traditional uses for Avocados, but is definitely a contemporary favorite in Brazil for good reason. This recipe is for Brazilian Avocado Creme Brulee which is a popular dessert in the country because of the love for Avocados. It has a richer texture and flavor than that of regular creme brulee and is sure to impress. It is quite simple and easy to make so try it out and tell us what you think.
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
Fresh Lemon Juice to taste
1/2 cup sugar for topping
1) Place the condensed milk and avocados into a food processor and process until the mixture is a smooth and even consistency.
2) Slowly add the lemon juice to taste.
3) Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into four ramekins, making sure it is nice and flat inside the ramekin. Let them chill for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
4) Right before serving, spread a thin layer of sugar evenly over the tops of each one.
5) Ignite your kitchen torch and melt the sugar slowly and evenly. Do this until the layer of sugar browns and begins melting and bubbling.
6) Allow to cool for 2 before serving.
7) Serve and enjoy!
Image Credit: Kellys Culinary Adventures