Brazil Nut Cake, or Bolo de Castanhas do Pará, is a wonderful and signature treat in Brazilian dessert making. This is a unique dessert that is rich in sweetness and texture, and combines Brazil nuts, coconut, and cocoa liqueur into a decadent and delightful dessert. Brazil Nut cake is a dessert that is simple but refined in taste. It isn’t very difficult to make and can be made pretty quickly without much fuss.
For the dough:
2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 and a 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup milk
1 pinch of salt
1 cup ground Brazil nuts
2 teaspoons cocoa liqueur
1/2 cup sliced Brazil nuts to cover
1 tablespoon ground Brazil nuts to cover
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2) In an electric mixer, add the butter and sugar and start mixing it on low speed.
3) Next add the eggs one at a time as it mixes slowly.
4) Finally, add the flour, pinch of salt, 1 cup ground brazil nuts, vanilla extract, baking powder, 2 teaspoons cocoa liqueur, and 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
5) Remove the dough from the mixer and knead it until it reaches a smooth and even consistency.
7) Place it into a greased baking mold. Cover with the 1/2 cup of sliced brazil nuts and tablespoon ground brazil nuts.
8) Bake in the oven for about 45 to 60 minutes until the top is golden.
9) Let it cool for about 10 minutes and serve.